"Happiness is only real when shared."

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Here I am...

I want to declare a little about myself before I begin this "tell all" about my and my fabulous life! haha
My name is Brittany Ludi-Darnell. Ludi-Darnell because I carry both my parents last names and sought no need to change it because of the possibility of getting married one day. (But this isn't a self-pity single blog, so you may continue on)...
I was born on October 3rd, 1991, to some amazing parents who have been some of my best friends in life. I have biologically 2 younger brothers who are some of the most hilarious and caring people I know, and another person I consider my brother but technically is only my cousin. Nonetheless I will refer to having 3 siblings, all boys.
I grew up in the best of circumstances. Which make me think, I must of been good in the life before, because I lucked out compared to most of the world.
My dad is my super hero! He amazes me in all he accomplishes. Pops works as the Athletic Director at my high school and the boys varsity basketball coach. Mom, my best friend, also works within the school system and I love it! Part of the reason I want to be a teacher because my parents have the same vacation as us growing up, so we had lots of family time,
But enough about my background. Lets fast forward and get to it...!

This week we are summing up finals week and I am more than ready to be home! Homeward bound in 1 day and Disneyland bound in 9! BLESSINGS!!!! <3 So I can't help but be a little excited to see my fam and to count my blessings... But I want to wrap up the semester by declaring some truths I've learned this semester....

1. college is far greater than high school
   - I used to think as a Junior in high school "It can't get better than this"... oh how naive I was! Cause it got far better and made me realize how shallow I was.
2. I made a complete 360 change in who I am 
   - If friends and family really got to know from back home, they would see a different girl. I'm not the loud, know it all girl I was. I'm a little more quite, I watch what I say, I realized I am just as imperfect as you are and that I have made my own royal screw ups in life.
3. My sarcasm is the best feature about me. 
    -Not many girls can be as quick and witty and lay down a line like I do. haha. But it does become an issue when I like someone. Still trying to find the balance
4. I AM NO GOOD AT FLIRTING
    -Ya know how God has given us talents? Well mine was to be witty and sarcastic, while other girls are awesome flirts! I lack that capability. Now don't get me wrong, I am an awesome person to date, when I am dating someone. I'm very clever and sweet. But getting to that part is hard. Batting the eye lashes and compliment the guy and making myself seem "sellable" is just not my forte!
5. Lastly, FORGIVENESS is the best thing in the world!
     -I am so grateful the Lord has allowed me to be forgiven daily and has allowed others to forgive me, Forgiveness is such a hard trait and I still struggle daily. But nonetheless it's changed my life and opened up my eyes to the possibilities with others in life. What a kind and merciful Heavenly Father we have to allow such a gift unto us.

Until the next truths... Be kind and love one another

1 comment: